The roofing of your home is sometimes overlooked in the remodeling process however when your home starts to get problems like leakage, you should really pay it more attention. When problems like leak happens we suddenly realize how a home that has a good roofing is very attractive. Thus, this means investing in a new roof when you remodel not just adds up to the look of your home but also to your peace of mind.
Choosing the right roof to go with the style of your home can be a difficult task this is because roofing can be quite more than what you think it is. In choosing a roof, you will need to consider the right material for your location because the climate in the location of your home deeply affects the kind of material you should choose to make sure the roof you’re installing will be durable enough to last long.
1. Rolled: This material is often used in residential homes. This roof is made of a material is made of long rolls where each roll measures to an estimate of 100 square feet while its width is 3 feet. The design of these roof is meant to be a convenient and affordable way to ensure homes that have sloped roof area.
2. Built-up: This roofing material is on of the most traditional option used in roofs that have flat surfaces. In order to form a barrier a felt is overlapped in 2 to 4 layers in thickness, topped with tar with stones that are crushed finely making this roof sturdy.
3. Standing Seam Metal: This type of roofing is made of aluminum or steel materials for roofing that are interlocked so that moisture can be kept out. Roofs that are made of metal are getting more popular in places that have a lot of snow all year round or somewhere wildfires are prominent. This type of material is durable enough to last years and can be recycled as well. However, installing this kind of roof can be a bit challenging, so you will really need a help from a professional.
4. Wood Shingle: Structures made of wood are classically beautiful however when it comes to classics, it always comes with a higher price tag. Wooden roofings are not as durable as your metal ones even if wood looks nice, metal always wins when it comes to lasting longer. However, even if it is not the most durable, a pretty roof always catches the luxurious homes’ attention.
5. Clay Tile: Tiles made of clay are from molded clay that has been introduced to fire in order to lock its shape. This type of material is advantageous for locations or areas that have are more exposed to the sun and humidity and where air from the sea is near. So next time you see houses beside beaches, you already know the reason why they have clay tiled roofs.
There are more materials that can be used in roofing, however these are some of the most basics. Installing roofs really needs some expert’s hand especially with some that are intricate like the metal roofings. So if ever you need help in your next home remodeling project, roofing Horsham has got you covered!